Friday, March 26, 2010

It's Friday! It's Friday! And I Finally Wrote a Blog Today!

OK, so my infamous habit of neglecting things that I've started has kicked in with my blog, as you can see from the length of time between blog posts. How am I ever going to be scouted by a publisher to write a book of witty memoirs if I can't even keep up with my blog? I could write a book about procrastination. I am a leading expert in this field. I'll get started working on it.... tomorrow. HAHA, cheesy procrastination joke.

So today I was thinking about my 40 by 40 list and I was really starting to feel overwhelmed. Everything on that list is totally stuff that I want to do, but I'm beginning to worry that I might not have the time nor the money to complete all of that stuff by the time I'm 40. I know that's at least 12 years (OK, 11 1/2, I'll give you that) away, but still, I'm hoping that I don't set myself up for failure with this list. I really want to see something through, for once in my life. I am such a wishy washy Gemini.

Last week I was supposed to be in Miami visiting my BFF, and it would have been a great opportunity to check off the list item of riding on an air boat ride in the Everglades, but noooooo, I had to get sick and cancel my trip. UGH! UGH! UGH! This is the second time in the past 6 months where fate has ruined my travel plans around a fun holiday. I was supposed to go to Savannah for Halloween with the boyfriend, but then we both ended up with the flu. This time I was supposed to be drinking green beer in Miami, but my stomach had other plans instead. Thanks, fate. I like to think that maybe I was spared from some near death experience by not going on these trips, although really, that doesn't make me feel any better, it just makes me feel paranoid. No more Final Destination movies for me, please!

There is another side list that I have been playing around with in my head. I know, I know, I haven't checked one thing off of the first list yet, but this list I feel really confident about. This new list would be more of a short term project, while the 40 by 40 list is more long term. Besides, starting things is what I do best. Finishing, well, that's another story.

So what is this second list, you might ask? This list will consist of the things that I want to do around the Great State of Georgia. There are so many places in Georgia that I want to see and activities that I want to do, so I thought I'd make a side list. You'll see what I mean when I post the list in my blog. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment