Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's Crunch Time All Around!

The count down is here! I can't believe that I might actually be finished with grad school soon! All of my assignments are due in exactly one week, and then I will be free of school! I can't wait!!!

So for those of you who may not know, I am in graduate school getting a Masters degree in School Guidance and Counseling. I hope to eventually be a guidance counselor back in the school system. This degree has been a long time coming. I should have been done with it probably at least a year ago, but, you know, life happens. Well now it should become a reality really, really soon.

The coursework is done for the worst class I've ever taken (Educational Research), the only thing left for that class is the final exam, which is open book. Mostly what I have left to complete are all of the assignments pertaining to my internship. I've really got to focus and knock that out this week. Unfortunately it is also crunch time at work with us about to wrap up the year with our Senior Celebration banquet, so I'm really busy all around. There's really nothing to say about that except get er done!

On another note, I've also been feeling a little bit of crunch time with the whole having a baby situation. Now that I am getting married and about to be 30, I feel like it's time to seriously start thinking about having kids, but I must admit, the thought makes me panic a bit. I'm just really nervous for all of the things I will have to give up, like vacations, spending money, sleep. I know people say you get so much more in return when you have a baby, but I can't see that yet. It's putting me in this panic mode of all of the things I need to do and places I need to go before I have kids, which means that 2011 is going to be a jam packed year if I'm to check everything off of that list.

I feel really crazy for thinking this way, and I know life does not end when you have kids, but some aspects of your life do change (if not end), and I'm just scared that I am not ready for that. Plus, I am really not looking forward to giving birth. Just thinking about it gives me an anxiety attack.

I must admit though, it will be nice to have play dates with my friends who already have kids. Also, I really don't want to be the 35 year old mom whose kids' friends' moms are all 10 years younger than me. I know I'm going to have to have those babies soon, I just hope I can stop freaking out about it. My friends The Gepperts are a good model for the fact that you can still be active with a baby. Their little one has probably traveled more than I have and she is almost 2, so I guess it is possible to have a baby and still travel, which does give me some relief. I guess that's why they make those Baby Bjorn carriers!

OK, well back to work. I hope everyone had a great Easter today. Easter is my favorite religious holiday, yes, even before Christmas, so Happy Easter everyone! Hopefully the next blog I write will be in celebration of my new degree!

1 comment: